Saturday 9 November 2013

Pretty Printing Anniversary Card



Hello, welcome back and thank you to everyone who left me such lovely comments last week.

Today's challenge at 365 Cards is Pretty Printing - hand write your own sentiment, and make sure it's at least three words long.

I love sets of alphabet stamps so that I can print my own personal message on a card but handwriting a sentiment is a bit scary.  Still, in for a penny!

Last year I went to a big craft show and bought a set of foils and a glue pen.  Well, actually, I bought the big pack because the lady demonstrating it made it look so easy and I thought it would look really great on a card.  This is the second time I've used it and I haven't quite got the knack yet, hence it's all a bit bumpy!  And I have a bit of a confession.  I was concentrating so hard on making the letters look pretty that I made a bit of a spelling mistake.  Doh.  You're looking at version 2!

I found some pale blue background paper and wrote my sentiment with the glue pen.  Then waited a g e s for it to dry before rubbing over a dark brown glossy foil.  Meanwhile I die cut my flowers out of the Colour Q pallette and stamped my leaves before fussy cutting them.  I love the Runway picture with the flowers over the model's shoulders and the stripes at the bottom so thought I would add a few stripes of my own to the card.  Finished it off with the buttons, twine and glitter brads.

I'm entering this card into
Lawnscaping Challenge #69 Let a sentiment stand out
Runway Inspired Challenge #47 Alberta Ferretti












Colour Q #214

and
The Daring Cardmakers - All the other reasons

4 comments:

  1. I give you credit for trying the foil....looks way too complicated for me! Lovely design and layout! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't look as though you had trouble even though it was your second go. Laughed about the spelling mistake...it's the sort of thing I would do on the final letter. Love all the big, bold flowers! Thanks for playing along with Colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, its Darling with the bold flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the different centers you put on the flowers, and the varied thicknesses of stripes looks really cool! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...