Friday 2 August 2013

Textures


My first card as part of the DT with 365 Cards!
This challenge is to add at least two types of texture to the background.  I started off with a water colour wash of very pale blue, green and grey, then stamped a grid onto it while it was still a bit damp so that it blended in to the background.  I hoped this would add a layer of visual texture but it's a bit too subtle!  Next I dry embossed some flowers around the frame then over painted them to make them stand out a little bit more, and my final texture was some heat embossing from a grungey background stamp (in white) in the bottom corner.
I'm also entering this into the Inkspirational Challenge #31: Anything Goes!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first card for the DT. I love the wonderful textured background you have created! Perfect for the sentiment which is framed by such a lovely stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational this week. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so totally cool! LOVE the texture and your bold colors! Fabulous creation--and congrats on the DT gig! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational--come back again soon! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...